RARA-AVIS: HB Books for Inner-City Kids & Roy Huggins

Rick Robinson (rkr@pacbell.net)
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 03:14:17 -0700

Frank Denton wrote:

> A young woman at Bouchercon who said that she taught inner-city high school
> students, most of them black, was begging for suggestions of mystery writers
> who would appeal to the kids. She mentioned Walter Mosley as one that they
> took to.

Actually, Frank, it was Spencer (and particularly Hawk) that she said the kids loved to read and wanted moke of the same ilk. I suggested Robert Crais' Cole & Pike as possibilities, though I know they're not "the same".