RARA-AVIS: Re: Mickey Spillane

Frank D (bearlodge@email.msn.com)
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 07:45:54 -0700

A young woman at Bouchercon who said that she taught inner-city high school students, most of them black, was begging for suggestions of mystery writers who would appeal to the kids. She mentioned Walter Mosley as one that they took to. I wish now I had had the presence of mind to get her name and address or e-mail to propose the question to this group and then get back to her. I think she felt extremely frustrated. Anything to get them to read and I don't think she cared what administration might think.

Cheers, Frank Denton