Re: RARA-AVIS: Harry Potter

mark monlux (
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 06:18:47 -0700

I think the ultra right has a problem with the 'magical' elements in the Harry Potter books. I guess they still read Horacio Alger or something.

>What's happening to the Harry Potter books? I've read one and it was
>very sympathetic and very unlikely to be banned anywhere - unless in
>the US..?. Banning books is usually very stupid thing to do and although
>I've got very strong opinions against Spillane, I would never ever think
>about banning or even censoring his books.

Monlux Illustration Home of the Creative Mind 7622 South Yakima Avenue Tacoma, Washington 98408-5315

Phone 800-574-Mark Fax 800-574-Draw

e-mail: website: ICQ# 17101548