RARA-AVIS: The Desperate Hours

pabergin (pabergin@gte.net)
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 14:06:57 -0400

Joseph Hayes, the fellow who wrote THE DESPERATE HOURS, is a member of a luncheon group whose gatherings I also attend. He's a grand old guy. Lately, he's grown anxious to reestablish contact with an old friend -- William Manchester.

I know nothing about Manchester, beyond the fact that he wrote THE ARMS OF KRUPP. I don't even know if he's still alive. I've tried several web searches to no avail. If any list member can offer information on Mr.. Manchester, particularly contact information, please contact me off list.

I realize this is mostly off-topic, but I don't feel too bad about it. I view it as a service to the author of a HB milestone. PB