RARA-AVIS: Bouchercon Bookbuying

Frank D (bearlodge@email.msn.com)
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 10:09:50 -0700

If Crider is going to accuse me of lurking, I guess I'll come out of hiding and show him. I managed a couple of nice Jim Thompson paperbacks at the convention itself. At Renaissance, that dusty old hotel cum bookstore, I managed two P.C. Wren Foreign Legion novels and a Harold Lamb, hardly hard-boiled. But...at Renaissance's used book store in the Milwaukee airport I found A Moment to Prey and The Devil Wears Wings by Harry Whittington and Halo for Satan by Howard Browne writing as John Evans.

At the convention I didn't attend anything particularly hardboiled, but I did hear Michael Connelly and S. J. Rozan on one panel. They have both been discussed here.

Non-lurking, at least for the non, Frank Denton