RARA-AVIS: lurking and Letham

Jason M Boog (jboog@umich.edu)
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 18:28:57 -0400 (EDT)

Hello again. I've come out of the lurking lands to support Motherless Brooklyn as the best hardboilded I've read all year. Just as I picked up the book after seeing it on the list, J. Letham stopped by Ann Arbor last Thursday promoting the book. He told us that a secret director is "nibbling" at the book for a movie. I enjoyed the book, and think it would be kind of funny to see Tarantino doing that movie. The Minna men dress right out of his movies
(but maybe I should just blame the 1970's for that one). I also thought that having a detective with a medically diagnosed obsessive disorder (rather than good-old fashioned obsessive behavior) was great. I'd love to talk to anybody about the book.

Jason Boog jboog@umich.edu