RARA-AVIS: Re: Looking for the Website of...

Kevin Smith (kvnsmith@colba.net)
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 08:23:12 -0400

Mark Monolux wrote:

>Someone on this list suggested a great website to me, showing a new book
>that has been produced talking about pulp as it relates to lesbian themes.
>This book had a great title and site and I need to locate it again because
>they were kind enough to give me a link to my site and i want to
>reciprocate.

>So, whoever gave out the information before, could you give it out again?

Well, I'm the someone, I think, and in fact, I think I just mentioned the book on this list a little while ago, but just in case, I'll do it again. It's called STRANGE SISTERS: THE ART OF LESBIAN PULP FICTION, and it's by Jaye Zimet. It's published by Penguin Putnam, so there might be a page somewhere on their web site at http://www.penguinputnam.com . And yep, your site was indeed included in it, I think in the "Further References" part.

What? Don't you guys read DETAILS? There was a sneak peak of the book in the August issue, with several cover scans of such well-known literary classics as LESBO WIFE and VOLUPTUOUS VOYAGE. And there are, in fact, several web sites devoted to the same topic. Enter "lesbian pulp fiction" into your web browser, and be prepared to enter "the dark, hidden twilight world of twisted desires and the unnatural love that dare not whisper its name."

Kevin Burton Smith The Thrilling Detective Web Site http://www.colba.net/~kvnsmith/thrillingdetective/ Come soon: The October issue, with some cool stuff about Dashiell Hammett.