Re: RARA-AVIS: up and coming hb writers

tstock@concentric.net
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 13:19:19 -0700

Like other folks responding to this thread, I'm having trouble with what constitutes "up and coming."

Someone mentioned Peter Bowen, who is at the top of my author list, but he certainly isn't as well known as he deserves to be. Another at about the same level of success, or so I would guess, is Gar Anthony Haywood, whose inner-city Los Angeles detective series is as good as Walter Mosley's, in my opinion.

I'm enjoying this thread and scribbling notes like crazy of authors to look for (probably unsuccessfully) on my next trip to the library. Thanks.

Teri