Re: RARA-AVIS: up and coming hb writers

Timothy S. Oliver (
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 13:01:17 -0700

I heartily second Mr. Taboada's endorsement of Kent Anderson. Other Anderson fans will be please to know that his first novel "Symathy for the Devil." was just rereleased. I got it from amazon.

Donald Harstad is another author new to the scene. His two books are "Eleven Days" and "Known Dead." Both are highly acclaimed, but I don't know how broadly the word has spread. These are terrific police procedurals taking place in a small town in Iowa. Both are wonderfully readable, authentic and hard boiled. Harstad is a former deputy sheriff from Iowa.