Re: RARA-AVIS: up and coming hb writers

pabergin (pabergin@gte.net)
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:25:35 -0400

<<Who are some up and coming hardboiled writers that any of you have an eye on?>>

Daniel Woodrell, esp GIVE US A KISS and TOMATO RED (Woodrell's work has been widely praised by critics and his early work, particularly, is fetching high prices in the collectors' market, but he has never been as widely read as his talents deserve. He may actually be too good to succeed.)

Peter Bowen is less traditionally hb, but NOTCHES establishes his hb credentials unequivocally.

I may have been one of those who mentioned Vicki Hendricks in response to an earlier query. Wish I'd waited until I finished IGUANA LOVE before doing so. MIAMI PURITY wasn't bad, but IGUANA LOVE is tedious, pointless trash. PB