Re: RARA-AVIS: Couplea questions

Juha Lindroos (jl@pp.htv.fi)
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 10:50:05 +0300

On 24 Sep 99, at 20:16, Mike Orsoe wrote:

> Has anyone heard of and or read Joe R Lansdale

I've read most everything Lansdale has written and enjoyed most of it a whole lot - he has a very specific style (most of the time, that is) and the combination of outrageous human comedy with punch-in-the-gut tragedy can work wonders. For his hard-boiled work I'd recommend starting with SAVAGE SEASON. Or one of his short-story collections for a very wide variety of styles. BESTSELLERS GUARANTEED has one of the great genre novellas I've read, "Events Concerning a Nude Fold-Out Found in a Harlequin Romance", and I hope he'd continue with them characters.
  Juha Lindroos http://www.saunalahti.fi/~jtlin/

"Mystery is the essential element in every work of art." -Luis Bunuel