RARA-AVIS: Re: Trevanian

Kevin Smith (kvnsmith@colba.net)
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 07:39:49 -0400

Paul (wherever he is) wrote:

>It occurred to me that my comment about it being a shame that Trevanian is
>so good might be misinterpreted. I think that it is likely that I, like most
>genre fans, would like to claim Mr.. T as one of our own. What I regret, and
>resent, is the genre-hopping. The sumbitch is so good, he can digest and
>regurgitate a genre with insulting ease. And sell well. And hibernate for
>years.

I agree. THE MAIN was so well done and so right, that for years the rumour was that he was a Montrealer himself, who had later moved to Europe. He didn't just nail our town, he crucified it (but in a good way, I think).

Kevin Burton Smith The Thrilling Detective Web Site http://www.colba.net/~kvnsmith/thrillingdetective/ Still available! Our Summer Issue, focussing on Radio Private Eyes, plus new fiction by Peter Parmantie and Kathy Korty.