RARA-AVIS: Apologia pro Trevanian

pabergin (pabergin@gte.net)
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 22:09:10 -0400

It occurred to me that my comment about it being a shame that Trevanian is so good might be misinterpreted. I think that it is likely that I, like most genre fans, would like to claim Mr.. T as one of our own. What I regret, and resent, is the genre-hopping. The sumbitch is so good, he can digest and regurgitate a genre with insulting ease. And sell well. And hibernate for years.

He stepped on his dick with INCIDENT AT TWENTY-MILE, a western, but it's been his first misstep in memory.

It's annoying.

Not that he's so good.

That he's so showy about it. PB