RARA-AVIS: noir on tv?

Rebecca Hippert (sunfish@gypsyfish.com)
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 07:34:33 -0400

I am a recent fan of Homicide and found the following book helpful as I had no idea what they were talking about sometimes when referring to past events. It also gives a lot of background on each episode such as cast, credits, etc.

      Homicide : Life on the Street : The Unofficial Companion by David P. Kalat

I also am reading the book that the series is based on, Homicide : A Year on the Killing Streets by David Simon, but I find it slow going.

Homicide is fine TV drama. It's one of the few programs that I find riveting at times. I'm sorry it got cancelled this year.

best, Rebecca