Re: RARA-AVIS: words

Frank Glenewinkel (Frank.Glenewinkel@Uni-Koeln.DE)
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 08:44:19 +0000

<Anders.Engwall@uab.ericsson.se> wrote:
> Is there really such a thing as a good Mickey Spillane novel?

Well.., err... I have to admit that I enjoyed his novels (blush). I realize that he hasn't got an A-degree in political correctness which might put some people off. Nevertheless he has a quite unique style which I always found to be a guarantee for good, quick-paced entertainment. I find his sexist etc. attitude so exaggerated that it adds more than a touch of humour to his books. Moreover I see this aspects of his works as an interesting example of early 50's zeitgeist.

IMO One Lonely Night is his best work and it is one of the few crime novels I have re-read repeatedly over the last 10 years or so.

Frank

----------------------------------------- Frank Glenewinkel frank.glenewinkel@uni-koeln.de