RARA-AVIS: Matin Amis: Night Train

John & Carrie (johncarrie@sprynet.com)
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 22:49:04 -0400

He is one of my favorite authors ever. In any event, I thought that Night Train, where the plot focuses entirely upon the dead female and unveils her past be layers...revelaing someone that no one really knew was well worth reading. Not on a par with London Fields or Time's Arrow....but then, I suppose those aren't really with the mystery/hard-boiled/noir sub-genres. Any thoughts on whether Night Train properly falls within these ghettos?

Tribe