RE: RARA-AVIS: Thoughts on James Ellroy

John & Carrie (
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 22:30:37 -0400

Okay...I found it. Perhaps I'm reading to much into it, but I quote Ellroy in the Salon Magazine interview: "I have never been able to read noir and enjoy it very much. I put down Jim Thompson's book "The Killer Inside Me." I just thought it was shit. I honestly think that most noir is cliche."

The site is I dunno, I interpreted it as a slam against Thompson.