RE: RARA-AVIS: Thoughts on James Ellroy

John & Carrie (
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 22:17:52 -0400

<<Someone mentioned that Ellroy has publicly slagged Thompson. >>

I don't know if he did -- but I do have in front of me the Otto Penzler reissue of Thompson's _Heed the Thunder_, with an introduction by... James Ellroy. He praises Thompson in no uncertain terms.

-------- Interesting....I could have sworn that I read one of the interviews on the web with ellroy where he says that he couldn't finish Killer Inside Me. Maybe I misunderstood that...wish I could remember which interview it was.