RARA-AVIS: Re: PAYBACK / Great lines...

FICTWRI@aol.com
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 18:18:31 EDT

I know I'm late but I just watched PAYBACK yesterday on pay per view (before hurricane Floyd blew our power out) --- I had no idea this was such a cool flick. I thought it was going to be more satire but I'm glad they played it straight.

PAYBACK was based on a Westlake (aka Stark) novel??? And has any one read the book -- How close did the film get??

Speaking of great lines, how about in PAYBACK when Ms. China gal tells Mel
(Porter) that she has a few minutes for him and he responds "Well, go boil an egg." Did anyone pick up on this hardboiled reference? Was that line in the book?

John Weaver, www.pageonelit.com