RE: RARA-AVIS: Thoughts on James Ellroy

Michael Chong (
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 17:07:46 -0400

Killer on the Road gave my girlfriend nightmares... I actually read Killer on the Road before I read Killer Inside Me and thought, beyond a doubt, Lou Ford was the model for the cop in KotR. I think the main difference between the two is the sexuality of the latter. Brrrr...

Someone mentioned that Ellroy has publicly slagged Thompson. Would someone please post the reference?