RE: RARA-AVIS: Thoughts on James Ellroy

B. Cox (
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 13:30:54 -0700

Tribe wrote:

Killer, (on the Road) though, is frightening!!!! It's on a par with Thompsons' The Killer Inisde Me.

While reading it at night, I felt the need to keep a billyclub under my bed.

I've read a fair amount of Ellroy, but in Killer on the Road, he gets so convincingly into the killer's head that it made me wonder about the author himself.