Re: RARA-AVIS: words

Martha Fischer (sakana@stlnet.com)
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 09:05:20 -0500

i'm with juri-- i got kiss me, deadly from the library last week in order to give spillane a shot. i got about 40 pages in before i just couldn't take it any more. i've got no problem with realist machoism (for want of a more sophisticated term), but with spillane it seems like he's trying SO hard to make hammer a Man that it becomes impossible to stomach. also, i don't have much patience for the "die, commies, die" genre....

martha