RE: RARA-AVIS: words -warning- spoiler

Enrique Bird (ebird@gmgroup.com)
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 18:22:16 -0400

Reply,

A couple of "add-ons" to your email:

1. The end line of "I, the Jury" is, of course, a personal favorite. I also like the narrative between the 2 pieces of the dialogue where he comments, more or less, "I had only seconds to answer her if I didn't want to talk to a corpse". Sorry, I do not have the book at hand and my previous re-read was in 1991.

2. The other end line you quote is from the second Mike Hammer book,
"Vengeance is Mine". Somebody please correct me if I do not have the correct title here. To me, Spillane went downhill from then on! (Please remember this is only my personal opinion!).

Enrique Bird