Re: RARA-AVIS: The Burglar, by David Goodis

Mark Sullivan (AnonymeInc@webtv.net)
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 19:11:41 -0400 (EDT)

David, For the next Goodis after The Burglar, I'd go with Street of No Return, Cassidy's Girl or Shoot the Piano Player (Down There). But if you like one Goodis, odds are you're going to like them all. Even though some of them have absolutely ridiculous plots (Dark Passage -- cab driver who picks up and recognizes an escaped murderer: Gee, I never thought you did it and not only am I not going to turn you in, but I'm going take you to a sympathetic plastic surgeon I happen to know. Gimme a break!), the characters and their psychology remain near constant across the books. There are better and worse, but they're all worth reading if you're a fan.

Mark