Re: RARA-AVIS: Books into film

Jim Beaver (JUMBLEJIM@prodigy.net)
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 14:45:30 -0700

>Anyone else with some suggestions of fairly recent (as in might
>still be available at the video rental store) movies in the
>film noir (or close) category?

It's not that recent a film, but it's got a new DVD release, so I'll mention it. It's also one of my ten favorite films of all time: the Dick Richards - Robert Mitchum version of Raymond Chandler's FAREWELL, MY LOVELY. It's one of those films I love so much I forgive it its (few) flaws without a second thought. I much prefer it to the Dick Powell version, MURDER MY SWEET, though there's nothing wrong with that version. I just think Mitchum's the man, as far as Marlowe goes. Anyone see that hilarious spoof of Marlowe he did on Saturday Night Live?

Jim Beaver