Re: RARA-AVIS: RARA-AVIS red harvest

William Denton (
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 12:39:38 -0400 (EDT)

On 8 September 1999, Christopher Bahn (Kelly Services Inc) wrote:

: Just curious, has anyone seen Bruce Willis' "Last Man Standing," and
: is it at all faithful to the source novel, Hammett's "Red Harvest"?

I rented it but gave up after half an hour (and I'm a Bruce Willis fan). It's a bad updated version of _Yojimbo_, and a close adaptation of _Red Harvest_ would probably be a lot more interesting. _Roadhouse Nights_
(1930) is an adaptation of the novel, apparently, but I have no idea what it's like. Has anyone here seen it?

William Denton : Toronto, Canada : : Caveat lector.