RARA-AVIS: Re: James Crumley

Pat Zeitoun (pwz@tca.net)
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 11:40:37 -0500

I've been reading Rara-Avis for several weeks and enjoy the posts very much. Certainly different from DorothyL and rec.arts.mystery which I also read! My taste in mysteries pretty well runs the gamut except for cozies, caterers and cats.

I've just started reading James Crumley's Bordersnakes, and am intrigued by this writer. I've never heard of him, and came across the book by accident on amazon.com. Please spare me any rants about independent bookstores and chains. I live in College Station, Texas, and we don't have any independents except for the used bookstore. Enough on that subject!

Back to Crumley. He certainly seems hardboiled enough for this group. I have not found his biography and he does not seem to have written a lot of books, nor does he write them very often. How about giving me some opinions and background on this writer. Which of his books do you recommend?

Cheers,

PatZ pwz@tca.net