Re: RARA-AVIS: _Blue Lonesome_

Mark Sullivan (
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 19:29:49 -0400 (EDT)

Bill, You said about Blue Lonesome:

<<But as I said, it ends up happily, which I much prefer to some kind of depressing, open-ended close where people just wandered off and nothing changed.>>

And I thought you liked David Goodis. That sounds like a description of most, if not all, of his books, especially my favorite The Street of No Return which ends with the protagonist literally exactly where he started.