Re: RARA-AVIS: Angry Moon vs Max and Jeremy

Mark Sullivan (AnonymeInc@webtv.net)
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 16:24:34 -0400 (EDT)

In my original post on Angry Moon, I said "of course" the hit was on the hit man's mentor who taught him everything he knew because I see that as something of a genre convention -- I was also thinking of The Mechanic
(as Terrill mentioned in his post) and other cheezy '70s movies I only half recall. The convention is probably drawn from westerns, the ritual where the young gun fighter takes on the older one to make a name for himself. I've also seen variations on the theme in samurai and Hong Kong movies.

As Terrill has pointed out, though, this plot point is merely the set-up for all sorts of strange goings on in Angry Moon, bringing in horror and touches of the Terminator.

Mark