RARA-AVIS: Finally Heath, Violent Saturday

Mbdlevin@aol.com
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 19:07:57 EDT

I read this book about two months ago and was a bit disappointed. I liked the crime/gang stuff fine, as well as the heist. However, I didn't like the 50s Americana stuff very much. I thought Heath got distracted by his ambitions to capture some broader problems/hypocrisies with (and stock figures of) America; I just wanted to get back to the creepy bank robbers. Thus, I took a pass on "Ill Wind."

Now Silence.

Doug