Re: RARA-AVIS: info on W.L. Heath needed...

Jim Beaver (
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 08:49:58 -0700

>On Sat, 28 Aug 1999, Ron Clinton wrote:
>> Just when I thought I had all the Black Lizard books, I've come across a
>> couple by an author named W.L. Heath. The two books are VIOLENT SATURDAY
>> and ILL WIND.
>Is Richard Fleischer's film (1955) based on Heath's "Violent Saturday"? If
>it is, the book should be great.

I've been a fan of the Fleischer film for many years, and just read the Heath novel it's based on. I was very impressed. Heath has a wonderful way with words, and now I'm looking forward to reading other of his books. I suspect a good many people on this list would feel the same way.

Jim Beaver