RARA-AVIS: two questions

ElectricSuit@aol.com
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 16:49:09 EDT

Hi all,

Just a couple of questions:

1) how much right do you think Quentin Tarrantino has to use the title Pulp Fiction for his movie? I mean, is that movie really an homage to the genre, or just a collection of gore and violence and general mayhem?

2) I recently Red Harvest, somewhere in there, the protagonist uses the words
"burning Fatimas" to refer to smoking. Does this refer to a specific brand of cigarette now defunct, or is it just slang?

All right, so I fibbed a bit, writing the last question prompted another:

What in the wide, wide world of sports is the name of the main character in Red Harvest and The Dain Curse?

NHT