Re: RARA-AVIS: My late introduction

William Denton (buff@pobox.com)
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 10:42:12 -0400 (EDT)

On 27 August 1999, Juri Nummelin wrote:

First off, welcome to the list, and the same to the two fellows who introduced themselves a couple of days ago.

: My hobby with these writers has gone so far that I've began to write a
: critical bibliography about the American hardboiled and pulp writers
: that have been translated into Finnish as paperbacks or in pulp
: magazines (they appeared here as well as in the US).

How popular are these writers in Finland? How well have they been translated? Are there any Finnish hardboiled writers? If it's hard to get American books in Finland, it's even harder to get Finnish books in Canada.

Good luck with your work. It looks like you're doing interesting stuff, and you're certainly covering some good writers.

Bill