RARA-AVIS: Suggestions for Hardboiled History Book?

ejm duggan (ejmd@cwcom.net)
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 11:32:30 +0000

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, "A.N.Smith" <ansmith@netdoor.com> wrote:

> How about Frank Robinson's "Pulp Culture"? Gorgeous book, history of the
> pulps, lots of cover art. really good for getting close to the to the
> Hardboiled Big Bang.

This (if it's what I think it is--I haven't unpacked all my books yet, so can't check) is a nice, large format book with glossy paper and lots of cover art.

A smaller book of pulp history (easier to conceal when the boss is on the prowl) is Don Hutchinson's _The Great Pulp Heroes_. B&W illustrations and cover shots.

We have moved, however, from the specific (hb) to the general (pulp).

ED