Re: RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled SF

Juri Nummelin (jurnum@utu.fi)
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 15:06:43 +0300 (EET DST)

On 24 Aug 1999 james.doherty@gsa.gov wrote:

> Re Jiro's recent post"

It's Juri (pronounced as Yuri) - there seems to be Jiro on this list and he is totally different person.

> *Panic in the Streets* was about the threat of Bubonic plague, not nuclear
> holocaust, and since it was a dramatization of a true-life case, it
> probably can't count as Sci-Fi (to a native Bay Arean like me SF means
> "San Francisco" not "science fiction").

My mistake. Have seen the film, but it was so long ago that I forgot. Jack Palance does a very neat performance as a contaminated crook.

Juri jurnum@utu.fi