RARA-AVIS: Frank Gruber

William Denton (buff@pobox.com)
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 14:43:57 -0400 (EDT)

I'm reading _The Laughing Fox_ by Frank Gruber, a fast-paced thing about craps, fox breeding and murder. It features Johnny Fletcher and Sam Cragg; Cragg is very muscular and they make money by selling books describing how any ninety-pound recovering TB patient can become a he-man. Fletcher is also good with dice, women and getting things for free.

I don't know much about Gruber. Are these recurring characters? If not, did he have any, or did everything stand alone?

Bill