RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V2 #861

Reed Andrus (randrus@home.com)
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 04:42:22 -0700

> Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 22:58:34 -0400
> From: Nicole Leclerc <nicolel@CAM.ORG>
> Subject: RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled SF
>
> Bonsoir all,Bill, how about Glen Cook's Garrett series? Would you classify it as
> hardboiled? I do hope someone can figure out who Sam Something-owski is since I
> love crossovers between two genres I enjoy.
>
> Nicole Leclerc
> nicolel@cam.org

The only "-owski" I can drum up is George Zebrowski, who, along with Charles Pellegrino, produced one of the nastiest SF novels I've read in recent years -- THE KILLING STAR. It's an End-of-Humanity/Invasion novel with very hard science and great concepts. Reverses the SETI invitation with a vengeance.

I can't think of anyone named Sam, except Delany or Sundwall, and I don't believe they'd remotely qualify for hardboiled SF.

Best regards,

... Reed