Re: RARA-AVIS: MR. WHITE'S CONFESSION

Gary Warren Niebuhr (piesbook@execpc.com)
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 06:24:13 -0700

>I didn't notice much discussion of Edgar-winner MR. WHITE'S CONFESSION on
>this list (forgive me if I missed the posts). I just finished it and I
>think it deserved the award.

David: I agree with your analysis. The confession parts of the book are fascinating, but pull the book in a direction away from the type of fiction normally discussed here. That is balanced with the detective's story, which is certainly more in the nature of noir. The two make a unique balance, and the book held my attention throughout. As historicals are hot, I would think this book would have made a bigger splash, and that winning the award would have drawn attention to it. It certainly deserves a wider readership. Best, GWN

P.I.E.S. (Private Investigator Entertainment Service) Catalogs of new and used private eye fiction Gary Warren Niebuhr, Owner P. O. Box 341218 Milwaukee, WI 53234 piesbook@execpc.com
<http://www.execpc.com/~piesbook/piescatalog.html>