Re: RARA-AVIS: greenleaf?

M-T (matrxtech@sprintmail.com)
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 23:24:25 -0400

Stephen Greenleaf is a terrific author; I highly recommend him. Stylistically, he is a lot like Ross Macdonald, but he has a much wider variety of themes and a less enigmatic and more human P.I. He is also like Macdonald in that his novels are generally humorless and depressing. All, right, I'll come out and say it: Greenleaf is better than Ross Macdonald.

He has never been a best-seller and he is continually being "discovered" by people who puzzle why such a fine author isn't better known.

Regards,

Mario Taboada