RARA-AVIS: MR. WHITE'S CONFESSION

David Hale Smith (dhs@dhsliterary.com)
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 20:15:20 -0500

Hello all from sweltering Dallas, TX. I've been lurking -- while melting -- instead of posting lately.

I didn't notice much discussion of Edgar-winner MR. WHITE'S CONFESSION on this list (forgive me if I missed the posts). I just finished it and I think it deserved the award. It's a terrific literary mystery and I think it deserves discussion on this list. It is not quite as hardboiled as many of my favorites, but it certainly fits most definitions of noir I know about. And for pure, sweet fiction writing I haven't read much this year that matches it. Would love to hear some thoughts.

Best, David

DHS Literary, Inc. 6060 N. Central, Suite 624 Dallas, TX  75206 214-363-4422, x100