RARA-AVIS: John D. MacDonald Conference

pabergin (pabergin@gte.net)
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 13:49:45 -0400

Raravian aficionados of John D. MacDonald will be pleased to know that the John D. MacDonald Conference has been revived. The conference will be held in Sarasota, FL (John D's home town) October 22, 23 & 24. Details are sketchy at this point, but anyone interested in attending can contact me off-list for info as it becomes available.

For those unfamiliar with the conference, it is sponsored by the JDM BIBLIOPHILE, and takes the form of an academic conference, but it's fun nonetheless. Academicians who are also John D fans tend to be a lot looser than your average ivory towerite. It made for a very pleasant weekend in 96 and I expect that this year's edition will be no different. PB