Re: RARA-AVIS: New finds

M-T (matrxtech@sprintmail.com)
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 02:26:01 -0400

Bill: Congratulations on your finds. Finds are even better than bargains...You got a lot of powerful stuff. The three John D.'s are prime stuff. And you found yourself almost all of Ross's novels, which we criticize so much because we love them so much.

Now,

<<Is Dan J. Marlowe in the general tough Gold Medal style, like Hamilton and Edward Aarons? Looks like it.>>

Yes, indeed. Marlowe was as good and as tough as Hamilton. Aarons is hysterically dated in some respects but the action is powerful and unrelenting.

It would be interesting to hear your impressions of those authors or books that are new to you.

Regards,

mt