Re: RARA-AVIS: Readings List Reminder

William Denton (buff@pobox.com)
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 22:08:36 -0400 (EDT)

Here's my updated list for the readings. I pulled some suggestions recently made and yanked a couple off the queue of older suggestions. I think it looks like a good list, and I'm looking forward to reading all the stuff, especially the two new ones by Pronzini and Estleman.

01 Aug 1999 - _The Dead Don't Care_, Jonathan Latimer 01 Sep 1999 - _Blue Lonesome_, Bill Pronzini 01 Oct 1999 - _Kiss Me, Deadly_, Mickey Spillane 01 Nov 1999 - _The Man with the Getaway Face_, Donald E. Westlake 01 Dec 1999 - _Never Street_, Loren D. Estleman 01 Jan 2000 - _Red Harvest_, Dashiell Hammett

If there are any strenuous objections they can be dealt with, and other titles can be pushed onto the list for future reading. _Blue Lonesome_ looks to be out in paperback now, so if your local store doesn't have it you can order it in time (those overseas may have some problems--sorry for the delay in picking a title).

Bill