Re: RARA-AVIS: Westlake's Dortmunder

Etienne Borgers (freeweb@rocketmail.com)
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 16:17:51 -0700 (PDT)

The story goes, by Westlake himself, that he took the name of Dortmunder from the brand of a very well known German beer... He pretended the name sounded well.

I cannot find back the reference to this declaration, but I came across it again in he recent months, when searching about Westlake.

So maybe we could vote you for an HB egg and a beer, which was by the way a typical early morning treat in some part of Europe after a "difficult" night.

On the other hand, Westlake is a master of juggling with names, so...?

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384

---FICTWRI@aol.com wrote:

> While reading a Westlake novel today something
clever dawned on me ---
> Westlake's Dortmunder switch the "R" and the "N"
and what do you get???
> Dontmurder = Don't Murder

SNIPPED
_________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com