RARA-AVIS: Re: Pronzini

Reed Andrus (randrus@home.com)
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 03:35:41 -0700

Pabergin writes:

> WASTELAND and BLUE LONESOME should both be available in $8.95 trade
> paperbacks from Walker. The last I heard, they were to be released
> simultaneously with the hardcover of NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT, which came out
> in June, and I've heard of no delays. Of course, that doesn't mean there
> were none.

BLUE LONESOME has been out in trade paperback for a month or so. Haven't seen a tp of WASTELAND yet.

Joe Hoffman writes:

> I also enjoy Pronzini very much. Has anyone read Nothing But the Night?
> Reviews?

Yeah, read it a while back. Will be reviewing it for another publication so won't get too wordy here. NOTHING is not up to the level of either BLUE or WASTELAND. Much more insular, contained, and predicatable. But still well-written. While I would spend money on hardcovers for BLUE and WASTELAND, I'd wait on the pb iteration of NOTHING.

... Reed