RARA-AVIS: Batta bing!

Martha Pennigar (msmartha@earthlink.net)
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 22:09:39 -0400

Ed, please be careful. I still don't really want to say much about the book, in part for the benefit of any Birds who may not want to know anything. I wouldn't worry too much, though. And no, the Girl in question is not Jacquie.

This prompts me to mention that a wonderful interview with George and Dennis Lehane is now on the Crescent Blues web site, reached at www.crescentblues.com. I know it's wonderful because it was done in our store after their joint appearance in June. Dennis doesn't like much about the author appearance process and dislikes talking about his books or himself as a writer. He can, however, wax loquacious about things that he feels strongly about, and George is always articulate and thoughtful. Their event kind of caught fire because of the intelligent questions the audience asked and I wound up letting it run for a hour because the conversation was so good. The interviewer picked right up there and got what we thought was great comment and discussion from two guys who have something to say. So I hope you all will check it out.

Martha