RARA-AVIS: Pelecanos

Martha Pennigar (msmartha@earthlink.net)
Mon, 09 Aug 1999 19:22:05 -0400

The title of George's next book is Shame The Devil and it's due to be released in January 2000. As for what's the quartet deal, I can only pass along what George has said--that the books were originally intended to be a trilogy and then he decided to write another one. This one takes place in 1995. Stefanos and Karras are in it. Due to some gentle editor persuasion, there is A Girl in it, too. One of the perks of being a poorly paid but spiritually happy bookseller/buyer is that you get good stuff sometimes, so I am presently reading a manuscript copy of Devil. Ed, you don't really want me to tell you about Stefanos, do you?

This is a spoiler-free zone. So shoot me.

Martha