Re: RARA-AVIS: Pelecanos's DC Quartet

M-T (matrxtech@sprintmail.com)
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 17:46:41 -0400

This business of the "DC Quartet" is news to me. It must be a publicity gambit to suggest a parallel with Ellroy's L.A. Quartet. The parallel fails in that Pelecanos and Ellroy are very different writers, although they both write ambitious frescoes of their respective places. For those who don't know Pelecanos, I strongly suggest _The Big Blowdown_, a truly excellent hardboiled novel. I especially like Pelecanos's pace.

Regards,

mt