Re: RARA-AVIS: RARA-AVIS chandler question, spillane article

Timothy S. Oliver (CSEM@zianet.com)
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 00:34:30 -0700

I saw The Girl Hunters when it first came out. I recall enjoying it. But I was only 11 years old. I think it was a late show feature for many years. It's B&W I believe. Something about a shotgun and a potted plant...

-----Original Message----- From: Juri Nummelin <jurnum@utu.fi> To: rara-avis@icomm.ca <rara-avis@icomm.ca> Cc: rara-avis-digest@icomm.ca <rara-avis-digest@icomm.ca> Date: Thursday, July 29, 1999 11:54 PM Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: RARA-AVIS chandler question, spillane article

>On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Christopher Bahn (Kelly Services Inc) wrote:
>
>> Also, the British film critic/horror writer Kim Newman has an article on
the
>> BBC's Web site about Mickey Spillane. It doesn't look like it has any
>> particularly new information, but if anyone's interested, I include it
>> below:
>>
>> I, the Jury was a huge success and, throughout the 50s and 60s, Spillane
>> delivered more thrillers with tough, almost camp titles like Vengeance is
>> Mine and My Gun is Quick. Spillane was made for the movies, but aside
from
>> Robert Aldrich's masterpiece Kiss Me Deadly (1954), with the thuggish
Ralph