Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V2 #836

M-T (
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 13:21:35 -0400

It's curious how McGivern has been almost totally forgotten, to the point that he's not even mentioned in hardboiled discussions. I guess it's time for me to reread _The Big Heat_, a book that sits quietly, too quietly, on my shelf. If I recall correctly, a very good McGivern story was reprinted in The Mammoth Book of Pulp Fiction (it was about a cop on the take).